Sunday, June 16, 2024

GREENWASHING AND ORGANIC COFFEE

GREENWASHING

This term describes the propaganda factor in the marketing of organic food in the USA. Organic food is popping up everywhere. The reason is that farmers far away are cheating, and government is looking the other way. Chemical companies are clearly bribing government inspectors in other nations. We have to wonder if the USDA is also playing dirty tricks and certifying fake organic farms.
There is also the cheating factor. Some organic farmers spray their crops, even doing so at night, and they are allegedly organic. I know farmers cheat because I know people who caught them. I also know that Kenya AA is never organic, regardless of what they claim. This is because inspectors are all taking bribes and approving pesticide sprayed crops. Kenya is my home country from long ago, but I believe all coffee production around the world is not truly organic.
The fake food we try to avoid is the product of intentional fraud.
As to coffee, if it is the same price or near that of non-organic coffee, it is NOT organic. Growing organic crops of any kind results in a much higher price. The problem with this test for quality is that some food producers intentionally buy non-organic, label it as organic, and then price it higher. The FDA is supposed to catch them and prosecute them. But, only a small percent of imported food is inspected.
I will not give up on organic food at the store, but I also take detox supplements because I assume a lot of organics are not real, and I am being regularly poisoned by food chemicals. I also have to assume that many of our modern health disorders are caused by the chemicals we consume.
The video shows some of the things happening in the coffee trade. It is very sad.