Saturday, March 28, 2020

YOU KNOW YOU ARE A MISSIONARY'S KID IF.....

The linked page is done by my daughter based on my life experiences and those of a bunch of other missionary kids. 

I would not trade my back story for anyone else's for a million dollars. I feel honored that God allowed me to live this life.

YOU KNOW YOU ARE A MISSIONARY'S KID IF.....

Fried flying ants are delicious, honest. I never saw the dip before, but it is probably great also.

Since this is being posted during an epidemic, I will add a couple of more that fit:

You know you are a missionary's kid if your Mom says, "We had a baby with white diarrhea in the clinic today," and you know a cholera epidemic has started.

You got a letter from the local government official asking your Dad if he would be willing to give out the corn sent from the USA for famine victims. The only rule is that your Dad has to only give food to people who can obviously make it home to cook it. There is not enough corn for all who need it.

You have to help your Dad spray the whole school with insecticide to get rid of roaches because there is a dysentery outbreak.

You eat out in the capital city and have tetracycline for desert.

You try to get a seat in the front row in church because they pass a common cup for the Lord's Supper, and typhoid is in the area.

Your Mom boils all your water for drinking. Then she filters out the silt. Your bath water has to stand for 24 hours so the Bilharzia worms die.