Thursday, January 12, 2017

VICE MOCKS CHICK TRACTS

This is a very troubling Vice production.

I have my own problems with Chick Tracts, but they are very different from the mockery by the Vice editor. This video was made to mock at the Gospel as much as to allegedly expose Jack Chick and his work.

You will soon see that the presenter is twisting the thing to make mockery of the Gospel.





The solution for me is to use tracts which are not "funny books" in format. The promise of the Lord is clear as to tract content:

Isaiah 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Chick tracts have Bible texts in the very back in tiny print. The main product is amusement. I used to hand out Chick Tracts myself, but as the content started getting suspect, I abandoned them. The police are almost always presented as either stupid of wicked. There are pointless cats and dogs running around in the background. 

Furthermore, I had a friend inside Chick Publications some years ago, and he was convinced that Satan had succeeded in getting a plant into the organization, and this person was making the content into mindless nonsense.

Also, Jack Chick was accountable to no one. He had no home church, and no one was chosen by Jack to examine his work. For this reason, at least two people made a fool of Jack Chick. One was Rebecca Brown and her strange friend, and the other was Alberto Rivera. Jack figured out Brown eventually, but he never faced the fraud of Rivera.

With computer publishing options today, you can write your own tracts. I have done this myself. This way, you can be sure that most of the content is Scripture which the Holy Spirit promised to use to the glory of God.