Saturday, August 6, 2016

TOUGH THOUGHTS FOR THE END TIMES

"Daddy, how much do you make an hour?"

With a timid voice and idolizing eyes, the little boy greeted his father as he returned from work.

Greatly surprised, but giving his boy a glaring look, the father said: "Look, sonny, not even your mother knows that. Don't bother me now, I'm tired."

"But Daddy, just tell me please! How much do you make an hour, " the boy insisted.

The father, finally giving up, replied: "Twenty dollars per hour."

"Okay, Daddy. Could you loan me ten dollars?" the boy asked.

Showing his restlessness and positively disturbed, the father yelled: "So that was the reason you asked how much I earn, right? Go to sleep and don't bother me anymore!"

It was already dark and the father was meditating on what he said and was feeling guilty.

Maybe he thought, his son wanted to buy something. Finally, trying to ease his mind, the father went to his son's room.

"Are you asleep, son?" asked the father.

"No, Daddy. Why?" replied the boy, partially asleep.

"Here's the money you asked for earlier, " the father said.

"Thanks, Daddy!" rejoiced the son, while putting his hand under his pillow and removing another ten dollar bill.

"Now I have enough! Now I have twenty dollars!" the boy said to his father, who was gazing by at his son, confused at what his son had just said.

"Daddy, could you sell me one hour of your time?"

_____________

Hey, Daddy-- Let's stop this silly talk about "quality time."

Shut this electronic box off, and go play with your kid.  

Go on, you computer potato-- get out of here... NOW!

_____________

Do I hear a Mommy crying?  

Daddy fits this too well, right?  

How about leaving this page up so Daddy can read it when he comes home?  Leave a plate of cookies beside the computer too.

And, leave a note telling him you meant it in love.