Monday, July 4, 2016

MILLENNIALS SUCK

Some of you know that I am in my 70s, so you at once thought, "Steve is losing it. He is judging the modern generation by his experiences." 

That might be true once in while, but one of the qualities of my generation, especially those of us who grew up on the equator as well as in the White world, is that we learned from our childhood to relate to anyone.

So, I can relate to Millennials, that is, if they have their head up rather than humped over some device stuck to the palm of their hand. I always found it hard to relate to hunchbacks. It must be a weakness I need to work on.

But, no, the title of this post is NOT based in my presuppositions and prejudices, my friend, It is based in the thoughts of a Millennial who wrote:

"This is my number one rule: Do whatever millennials don’t. Definite no-nos include quitting a job or relationship the moment my mood drops from ecstatic to merely content; expecting the world to kowtow to my every childish whim; and assuming that I am always the most fascinating person in the room, hell, the zip code."


Want to read more by this fugitive from Zombieland?
JOHNNY OLEKSINSKI, A MILLENNIAL WRITING FOR THE NEW YORK POST
"I’m a millennial and my generation sucks"

So, is your church all about Jesus Christ, or is your church a place where ego maniacs of the Millennial era receive endless flattery from the ministerial staff? Is you favorite sermon the one that tells you how utterly wonderful you are, oh yes, because Jesus was lucky enough to die for you on the Cross?

You are not born again.

The Christian faith is about dying.
Right...... DYING.

No, that was not a typo friend.

Jesus died for you on the Cross.

He went first, and once you are born again by faith in him, you are to die to your Millennial self and serve, serve, serve, serve, serve.

Luke 9:22 Saying, The Son of man (Jesus Christ) must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be slain, and be raised the third day.
23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.
24 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.
25 For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away?
26 For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.


You see, it really is NOT about you. Once you are born again, Jesus actually believes, up yonder in his Heaven, that you will eagerly start on down life's road looking for opportunities to use up your life to give glory to Jesus Christ.

Terrifying, is it not?

Jesus believes you will be virtually desperate to give the Gospel to your friends. Jesus believes that you will love him so much that you will serve the widows, orphans, and strangers in this life who are troubled and on their way to Hell. Jesus knows you will meet little kids, and you will ask them, "What good thing happened to you today?"

DO YOU?

If not, you are not born again.

You are faking it just to find another way to get attention. Your whole alleged Christian life is a damned church house selfie.

1 Corinthians 13:4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.


Ah, but I understand, my young upward wonder......

You know so well that the sun rises every morning, circles three times around your shoulders, and sets, and that is a perfect day, right?

You are in deep trouble.

Wanna talk?

GO HERE


CAVEAT EMPTOR:
We will not talk much about you. We will talk about Jesus, and we will talk about things in the world that have nothing to do with you..... LIKE THIS:

The following is the grave side sermon and remembrance of Mrs. Knox delivered by Pastor Steve Hopkins of Burnet Bible Church, Burnet, Texas, recently.

MRS. R.J.KNOX of Burnet, Texas

If that did not move you, do not bother to call me please.